This evening I was looking at the Technology Section within www.nytimes.com and suddenly realized that half of the main stories (4 out of 8) above the fold were about Google:
- Alcatel-Lucent Trims Outlook; Shares Dive
- Google Backs $25 Million 'Lunar X Prize'
- Google Founders' Ultimate Perk: A NASA Runway
- Show Series to Originate on MySpace
- Tracking the Google Founders' Plane
- Search in the Dark
- Your Former Boyfriend's Mother Wants to be Your Friend
- Web Video's Audience Likes 2.7 Minutes at a Time
Furthermore, they're all fluff/gossip. At this rate, that's 120 stories a month. You heard it here first--The New York Times is testing People Magazine: Google Edition in stealth mode and will be announcing the online magazine in October.