Notes from the
Image via WikipediaCoca-Cola presentation at Microsoft’s SharePoint Conference 2009.
73,000 employees: 30,000 knowledge workers. 40,000+ employees that work out of factories and depots. 2.4 vending machines and coolers. 30Is the largest marketer and distributor of Coca-Cola products.
- Needed a more effective way to collaborate
- No robust and integrated enterprise solution
- Too many partners providing dozens of communication and collaboration solutions
- Move from being support focused
- Lack of governance
A Lotus Notes shop.
Vision: Establish digital communications as a key enabler to engage employees with the company, drive effectiveness and efficiency and improve collaboration and innovation.
- Deliver the next generation Intranet
- Create a more collaborative environment
- Simplify integration
- Create two-way communication
- Consolidate multiple technical infrastructures
- Leverage existing infrastructure
- Executive Steering Group Meets bi-annually
- Operational Governance: Meets quarterly
- Delivery Team: Meets weekly
March 3, 2008: Coca-Cola Enterprises announced that it will begin using Microsoft’s integrated communication and collaboration tools across its organization.
Implemented Microsoft Online Services: SharePoint Online, Exchange Online, OCS Online, Live Meeting.
- Provides integrated collaboration
- Microsoft product integration
- Free CCE resources from system support
- Provision additional capabilities on an as-needed basis
- Delivers enterprise support model
- Evergreen Support Deployment (no patching)
Created a Teamsite Wizard. Included things like Language, Time Zone, Purpose. Provisioned in about a week.
User Experience and Portal Design
- Established standards and style guides to implement a consistent look and feel
- Developed IA scheme to ensure scalability and long term adoption
- User-friendly and intuitive design allows for ease of use
- Consolidated platform to access all internal information and documentation
Four major sections: Home, Company, Workspaces, Life & Career
- Corporate Portal
- Micro Sites
- Tool Sites
- Business Unit Sites
- Partner Sites (coming soon)
- Community Sites (coming soon)
Microsoft Online has a list of partner solutions they support.
9 different localizations; 2,400 Teamsites in 10 months.
Integrated with SAP so employees can do thinks like change 401K withholding.
- 2,055,702 page views
- 15 minutes, 20 second minutes average time per visit
- 8.5 visits per visitor
Get a pre-production farm; can get an online database.
- Certain product feature limitations
- Increased deployment time lines: You can write the code in 8 weeks, but then Microsoft has a deployment time as well.
- No visibility to servers for support
- No Central Admin/Shared Service Provider access
- No SQL access (can’t do queries against the DB, for example)